Just a Place

where I can talk about how I feel, about what's going on in my mind. A place where I don't need to edit anything, to censor anything, where I can say what's on my mind without having to wonder who's listening and without feeling the need to hide.

Blaming Myself

From the floor
through swollen eyelids
I see you tower
over me.

I'm in so much pain
but I still find
a place in myself to pity you.

This isn't your fault. I
can see that. Or at least
that's how I feel.

I know that I'm wrong
though. This is your fault.
Yours. Yours alone.

I didn't ask for this.
I didn't do anything
to make you act like this.

Why? Why are you doing this?

I can't blame you although I
know you're to blame.

Good God! What have you done to me?

I feel as though I must
find a reason. Why? And I can't find it
in myself to
hold you accountable.

I must therefore
blame myself.